just wanted to get an idea of what you all think...

--
"Jason C. Richey" <jasonr@bomis.com>
Re: all the other wikis [ In reply to ]
Jason Richey wrote:
> What would everyone think if I were to move all of the current UseMod
> wikis to the new server? This might be a performance concern... I
> just wanted to get an idea of what you all think...

Which of them have any significant traffic? We might prioritize them
for conversion in accordance with traffic levels.

I'm all for it -- I really want to free that server up. Also, this would
make it easier for non-Bomis developers to work on these.
Re: all the other wikis [ In reply to ]
That's what I was thinking... I don't think many of them are getting
much traffic, but I do know that the register.com account for
wikipedia.com has *.wikipedia.com pointing to the old server, and that
it would be a pain to point it to the new server because I would have
to add entries for all of the wikis that are still on the old server.
I recognize myself as a slight bottleneck in the conversion of many
wikis, because I have to add an "A" record for every wiki that gets
converted... This could all go away.

Jason