Mailing List Archive

[Wikipedia-l] Re: Wierd bug!
Yep.

Some observations on the off chance that this will help:

Almost all of the links on the website don't go where they're supposed to
go, but instead result in a random page. Links that *do* work include:

[[Edit this page]] (supposing you actually do want to edit a page you
randomly hit!)
[[Watch this page]] and [[Stop watching]]
[[Move page]]
[[History]] (of a page)
[[What links here]]
[[Watch links]]
[[Printable version]]

Another weird thing is that you can hit at least certain links several
times (if they appear on several successive pages) and eventually the
correct link *will* come up. For instance, I can hit [[Larry Sanger]]
(which appears in the upper right hand of my screen) and after two hits
usually my user page does come up. Similarly with the [[Recent changes]]
link.

Also, a lot of the "random" links come up over and over, I noticed.

Would be very interesting to learn what the bug was!

--Larry