Mailing List Archive

Too many connections
I keep getting

*Warning*: Too many connections in
*/usr/local/apache/htdocs/w/DatabaseFunctions.php* on line *17*
Could not connect to DB on 127.0.0.1

at 14:17, German time, for both en (www) and de wikipedia.
Re: Too many connections [ In reply to ]
That's bad news... The max number of connections (default 100, I
think) for MySQL can be adjusted (and maybe it has been already). I
would double (and triple) check to see if there are httpd processes
that open more than one connection to the database. It will become
very important that the software only make use of as many database
connections as it needs.

Jason Richey

"Jason C. Richey" <jasonr@bomis.com>
Re: Too many connections [ In reply to ]
> That's bad news... The max number of connections (default 100, I
> think) for MySQL can be adjusted (and maybe it has been already). I
> would double (and triple) check to see if there are httpd processes
> that open more than one connection to the database. It will become
> very important that the software only make use of as many database
> connections as it needs.

Is the software using persistent connections? If not is there a reason, or
can i go ahead and change it?

Lightning
Re: Too many connections [ In reply to ]
Lightning wrote:
> Is the software using persistent connections? If not is there a reason, or
> can i go ahead and change it?

Yes, it's using persistent connections. We just have a lot of them
simultaneously!

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)