Mailing List Archive

International images (Was: German speakers, please test)
LDC (?) wrote:

>I would think the simplest way to do it is to have [[image:...]]
>reference the English wiki, and [[bild:...]] the German one.

It's already been remarked that these words are not unique,
so that some language marker must be used.

For user friendliness, to link from one language's wiki to another's data,
I'd allow using *both* language's term for the upload space.
For example, if I (on [[en:]]) want to use [[de:bild:foo.png]],
then I should be able to do it with "[[de:image:foo.png]]"
(so that I don't need to know what they call the namespace on [[de:]])
*or* "[[de:bild:foo.png]]" (so that I can cut and paste the wiki
from the page where I found the image on [[de:]]).

-- Toby
Re: International images (Was: German speakers, please test) [ In reply to ]
I definitely agree here...

Jason