Mailing List Archive

Uploading to Commons and tell us your story about Wikimania 2023
My Fellow Wikimedians

As we lowered the curtain for Wikimania 2023 Singapore, Online and
Satellite, we ask for your valuable time to share your images and videos
related to Wikimania 2023 on Wikimedia Commons, our free media repository.
By uploading your images and videos to Wikimedia Commons, you are helping
to document the history and diversity of the Wikimedia movement, as well as
enriching the knowledge and culture of humanity. Your contributions are
greatly appreciated by millions of readers and editors around the world.

To upload your images and videos to Wikimedia Commons, you can use the *Upload
Wizard*, a simple and user-friendly tool that guides you through the
process. You can also use the *Commons app*, a mobile application that
allows you to upload images from your smartphone or tablet. Please make
sure to use the license on Wikimedia Commons and Wikimania Photography
policy when uploading your files.

We encourage you to use the [[category:Wikimania 2023]] when uploading your
images and videos related to Wikimania 2023. This will help us to organize
and showcase your files on the Wikimania 2023 wiki and other platforms. You
can also add other relevant categories and descriptions to your files to
make them more accessible and useful for other users.

We also encourage you to write your story as a blog, vlog, Social media
posts or at . For social media, please use @wikimedia.conference to tag on
Facebook or Instagram, @wikimania on X (twitter).

We thank you for your generous assistance and support for Wikimania 2023
and the Wikimedia movement. We hope to see you at the next in-person and
hybrid conferences this year and the 19th edition of Wikimania in Kraków,
Poland hosted by the Central and Eastern European Wikimedians where we will
celebrate our achievements, share our experiences, and learn from each
other.

There is also a Wikimania 2023 survey
at https://wikimediafoundation.limesurvey.net/682942

We appreciate your feedback so we know where we did great and which ones we
would tell the next host.

Kind regards,

*Butch Bustria*
Event lead, Wikimania 2023
Re: Uploading to Commons and tell us your story about Wikimania 2023 [ In reply to ]
Sorry correction. @wikimania.conference for Facebook, Instagram & Threads

Re: Uploading to Commons and tell us your story about Wikimania 2023 [ In reply to ]
Hello

I finished uploading my picts to Commons...

Also wrote a little report post-conference, which is hosted here :)
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2023/Scholarship/Anthere_Report

Again, big thanks to the whole team

Cheers

Flo

Re: Uploading to Commons and tell us your story about Wikimania 2023 [ In reply to ]
Hi everyone,

At Wikimedia Chile we are deeply grateful for this opportunity. We finished
uploading our photos to Commons under this category Wikimedia Chile at
Wikimedia 2023
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikimedia_Chile_at_Wikimania_2023>,
and have also stored the PDFs of our presentations:

Empowering senior citizens through Wikimedia
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Empowering_senior_citizens_through_Wikimedia.pdf>
Teaching with Wikidata
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Teaching_with_wikidata.pdf>

Also, we've published a post
<https://wikimedia.cl/wikimediachile-en-wikimania-2023/> on our website (in
Spanish) to summarize and report our experience.

We extend our sincere thanks to the whole organizing team.

Best regards,

Michelle Martínez Collipal

Encargada de Comunicaciones

Wikimedia Chile

michelle.martinez@wikimedia.cl
https://wikimedia.cl/

[image: facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/WikimediaCL>

[image: twitter] <https://twitter.com/wikimedia_cl>

[image: linkedin]
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/wikimedia-chile/?viewAsMember=true>

[image: instagram] <https://www.instagram.com/wikimedia_cl/>
Re: Uploading to Commons and tell us your story about Wikimania 2023 [ In reply to ]
Hi Flo,

Thanks for the report. We appreciate your feedback.

Hi Everyone,

For those who returned from their long holiday or vacation, you may still
have a chance to fill the Wikimania 2023 survey.

https://wikimediafoundation.limesurvey.net/682942

Anyone is also free to narrate their Wikimania experience at diff
https://diff.wikimedia.org/editorial-guidelines/

For speakers or anyone who presented in Wikimania, please upload your
presentation in PDF format and use the category
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikimania_2023_presentations

For photographs, upload and use category
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikimania_2023_photographs

For videos, go to
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikimania_2023_videos

Kind regards,

Butch Bustria

Re: Uploading to Commons and tell us your story about Wikimania 2023 [ In reply to ]
I really appreciated the Wikimania 2023 team's efforts with curating
presentation slides and videos on Commons. It's great to see Pretalx
submission details imported to Commons as structured data! Thanks
Multichill('s bot) and Butch for the effort.

Will the remaining Wikimania session recordings be uploaded to YouTube as
separate videos?

--Deryck

Re: Uploading to Commons and tell us your story about Wikimania 2023 [ In reply to ]
Can someone send me links to uploaded presentations from the Wikimania
Conference.

I only uploaded photos.
I want to learn about other items I can upload to Wikicommons other than
photos to expand my efforts.

I uploaded photos to Wikicommons. I have to check to see what hashtags I
used.
What hashtags should I use?

Thanks,

Linda Fletcher-Dabo

Re: Uploading to Commons and tell us your story about Wikimania 2023 [ In reply to ]
Hi, Adjoa Linda.

The presentations are collected in this category, mentioned in Butch's
email up-thread:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikimania_2023_presentations

Commons does not use hashtags, but categories. If you are unfamiliar with
them, take a look at https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Categories

Cheers,

A.

Asaf Bartov (he/him/his)

Lead Program Officer, Community Development Communities

https://donate.wikimedia.org