Mailing List Archive

Movement Strategy and Governance sessions @Wikimania 2023
Hi Wikimaniacs!

I hope you are looking forward to the upcoming Wikimania 2023 conference as
much as I am, and I would like to call your attention to the sessions
on *Movement
Strategy and Governance* from Tuesday-Thursday. All links and information
about the Movement Strategy sessions are conveniently collected* on this
page
<https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2023:Movement_Strategy_%26_Governance_Connection>*
on the Wikimania wiki, but here is a quick summary.

- *Tuesday morning* (room 325) will start with an Introduction on
Movement Strategy 2030: what is it, what has been done, and what does it
aim to achieve? Followed by a session from the Igbo community sharing their
experience on how they involved their community in the Movement Charter
creation process through the Ambassadors Program.
- *Tuesday afternoon *(room 325) after lunch we'll have multiple
lightning talks on a diverse range of topics around Movement Strategy,
where community members share their experiences from different initiatives
supported by the Movement Strategy grants program, not in the least
different experiences around pilot-Hubs!
- *Also on Tuesday afternoon* (room 326), the Movement Charter Drafting
Committee is having an *Open Office Hour* with walk-ins, where you can
ask all your questions and exchange ideas with committee members. Drop by,
have a chat, and come grab a stroopwafel!

- *On Wednesday morning* (room 326 & on Eventyay) there are 3 workshops
about different aspects of the Movement Charter: brainstorm and role play
with others to experience the Movement Charter context, and help enrich the
Charter content at the same time.

- *And on Thursday morning* (room 310 & on Eventyay) the Movement
Charter Drafting Committee holds a workshop session to discuss the proposed
Movement Charter chapters, where you can help the Drafting Committee tackle
a few of their questions around Hubs, the Global Council and Charter
ratification.

There is a *Movement Charter one-pager
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Movement_Charter/Content/One-page_draft>*
available on Meta to help you prepare for the sessions.
The chapters from the Movement Charter are under community review at the
moment, and if you'd like to share your feedback beyond the sessions
mentioned above, please leave your comments on the respective Meta talk
pages.

Hope to talk to you all next week!
Best,

Ciell
*Wikimania Program Committee*
*Movement Charter Drafting Committee*

1) Wikimania Movement Strategy and Governance schedule:
https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2023:Movement_Strategy_%26_Governance_Connection
2) Movement Charter One pager:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Movement_Charter/Content/One-page_draft