Mailing List Archive

Let's Connect at Wikimania 2023! Learn and get connected!
Hi everyone,

Are you wanting to improve your networking skills? Worried about losing
volunteers after the first edit? Wondering how leaders can improve skills
for collaboration? Just feel like a fun and safe space to connect with
others?!

Then why not sign up (for free) for the Let's Connect and Leadership
Development working group Learning Clinics on the 16th of August at
Wikimania and our Connectathon on the 17th! In-person only.

We will have a great group of facilitators, including Asaf Bartov
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Asaf_(WMF)>, Anthony Diaz
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Kunokuno>, Nitesh Gill
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Nitesh_Gill>, Jan-Bart de Vreede,
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jan-Bart>Nada Alfarra (Nada kareem22)
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Nada_kareem22>, Chinmayee Mishra
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Chinmayee_Mishra>, Beverly Jiang
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:BJiang_(WMF)> and Ivan Martinez
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:ProtoplasmaKid>

Registration is here: https://bit.ly/3QvYYwI until 15th of August. You can
try to register in person just before each session, but there may not be
any spaces left!

For more information about each session please check out these pages: Learning
Clinics
<https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2023:Learning_clinics#Learning_Clinics>
and Connectathon <https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2023:Connectathon>.

- https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2023:Learning_clinics
- https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2023:Connectathon

You may also check the individual Pretalx pages to know more:

*Networking for introverts: How to make the most of this conference*
https://pretalx.com/wm2023/talk/QTNAUA/

*Communication skills for collaborative leadership*
https://pretalx.com/wm2023/talk/C8NUGA/

*How not to lose a volunteer after the first edit: volunteer retention
strategies*
https://pretalx.com/wm2023/talk/WT3FHB/

Kind regards,

*Butch Bustria*
Event lead
ESEAP Wikimania 2023 Core Organizing Team

[image: LDWG.png]
* https://bit.ly/3QvYYwI <https://bit.ly/3QvYYwI>*
Re: Let's Connect at Wikimania 2023! Learn and get connected! [ In reply to ]
Sorry to send to the entire mailing list. I misread the information and
registered. Could you tell me how to delete my registration as I will not
be in Singapore and therefore cannot attend in person.
Regards,
Margaret Donald

Margaret Donald BA (Hon), M. App Stat, Ph.D.
Statistician, Anne Clements & Associates