Mailing List Archive

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Re: Wikimania 2024 will be hosted in …
Hello Everyone,

On behalf of the ESEAP Wikimania 2023 Core Organizing Team, we are
delighted on the announcement of the host of Wikimania 2024. We are here on
assistance to the Wikimedians of the CEE (Central and Eastern European
region) for their learning and technical needs.

ESEAP was at the early stages of planning on October 2019 already thinking
on making the conference hybrid, making it inclusive to those who cant
travel to our conference venue due to varying reasons from visa concerns,
anxiety of personally meeting strange people to sustainable development
advocacy. The pandemic that started in early 2020 strengthen our resolve on
the importance of remote participation.

We also value importance of in-person gathering as direct social
interaction has meaningful effect to many Wikimedians. That is why planning
for 2023 is somewhat of a challenge though we desire to be true to our
theme: Diversity, Collaboration, Future. We honor the diverse options of
Wikimedians whether they wish to physically come and personally meet the
Wikimedians that inspired them, virtually participate, share the Wikimania
spirit to their community though a regional satellite event, or simply
pre-record their presentation as a pragmatic approach.

We all expect the Wikimedians of CEE will craft the conference theme for
2024 as this serves as a foundation or anchor on how the program selection,
scholarship selection and other aspects of planning would look like.

We are looking forward to finally hand over the flag to the next host on
August 19. We have been waiting for this for four years, and it is not easy
to me to present at the Wikimania closing ceremony three times! ????

Kind regards,
*Butch Bustria*

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Re: Wikimania 2024 will be hosted in … [ In reply to ]
Hello,

I suggest to make a social media group such as WhatsApp, Telegram, or
others, so that we can discuss the program effectively.

Pada tanggal Sel, 21 Mar 2023 11.01, Butch Bustria <bustrias@gmail.com>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Re: Wikimania 2024 will be hosted in … [ In reply to ]
Hi

There is already channels on telegram for Wikimania and a general wikimedia
discussions

On Tue, 21 Mar 2023 at 19:43, Ilham Mufti Laksono <
ilhammuftilaksono@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>>
>>> Our team is thrilled to have been chosen to host Wikimania in 2024. We
>>> are committed to creating an outstanding event that will leave a lasting
>>> impact on the Wikimedia Movement. With its rich history, culture, and
>>> technological innovation, Cracow will be the perfect location for this
>>> gathering of Wikimedians from around the world.
>>>
>>> We want to thank the community members and organizations that supported
>>> our team during these past weeks and months. Special thanks go to the
>>> Wikimedia CEE Hub and Wikimedia Poland for their expressions of support for
>>> our proposal and declarations of help as needed.
>>>
>>> Over the next few months, together with the 2023 Core Organizing Team
>>> and the Wikimedia Foundation staff, we will learn from this year’s process
>>> and begin preparations for 2024.
>>>
>>> We look forward to seeing you in Central and Eastern Europe next summer!

Boodarwun
Gnangarra
'ngany dabakarn koorliny arn boodjera dardoon ngalang Nyungar koortaboodjar'
Re: [Wikimedia-l] Re: Wikimania 2024 will be hosted in … [ In reply to ]
Hi, Ilham, and to those who joined our discussion for the first time,

Please go to
https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2023:Socialize

You will see links to our various Social media accounts and also our new
@Wikimania YouTube channel.

For Telegram, the link is https://t.me/wikimaniachat

Kind regards,
*Butch Bustria*

On Tue, Mar 21, 2023, 7:43 PM Ilham Mufti Laksono <

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Re: Wikimania 2024 will be hosted in … [ In reply to ]
Thank you very much for sending me this information