Mailing List Archive

Hands on shoulders (Re: Sad news)
I'm really sorry to deviate from the main topic, I made another thread so
it would be less distractive.

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 1:24 PM Dhaval S. Vyas <dsvyas@gmail.com> wrote:

> E.g. in India it is very common for 2 male friends to walk with hands on
> eachother's shoulder or hand in hand, but when I first arrived in UK I
> learned that such intimacy is linked with particular group of males and
> hence not considered good in public.

Can I ask what's wrong with being "particular group of males" and how it
makes it not "good in public"? I'm a member of this group of males that you
don't even want to name them, gay people.

Can moderators/people responsible in Wikimania take a look at this
homophobic comment here?

Best
Re: Hands on shoulders (Re: Sad news) [ In reply to ]
Hi Amir,

It's not me who made a homophobic comment, it is how the country tgat I
pive in sees two males. I have several gay friends so PLEASE DO NOT take a
rant on me by starting a topic that has no base.

I simply wanted to point out how an innocent gesture of one culture could
be perceived in another. And for that same reason, I never even once
mentioned that touching a shoulder or holding hands is wrong. My point was
for those who find it offending and I mentioned that everyone should be
tolerant. If you missed it in the email, I would request you to reread.

Regards,
Dhaval Vyas