Mailing List Archive

Fwd: How to watch and follow Wikimania 2017 remotely
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Melody Kramer <mkramer@wikimedia.org>
Date: Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 11:27 AM
Subject: How to watch and follow Wikimania 2017 remotely
To: wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org, wikimania-l@lists.wikimedia.org

Hello!

As many of you know, Wikimania 2017 will take place in Montréal, Canada
from 9–13 August.

If you cannot attend this year, there are still opportunities to follow
along remotely. Keynote sessions will be livestreamed [1] and recorded
throughout the conference on YouTube [2] and Facebook Live [3]. Additional
recorded sessions will be posted on the conference notes page [6] when they
become available. We are asking all speakers to designate a notetaker for
their session, and to copy the template [8] for use in their session.

You can also follow @Wikimania [4] and the hashtag #wikimania [5] on
Twitter. We will round up presentations and highlights for both Meta and
our blog after the conference ends. [6] You can also search the full
programme schedule. [7]

Please respond here or contact me directly with any questions or ideas to
make this experience better for remote participants.

- Mel

[1] The Livestream schedule is here: https://wikimania2017.
wikimedia.org/wiki/Livestreamed_keynotes

[2] YouTube livestream links: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK_
cUZLMpibyRiIdp0uF-lQ

[3] Facebook links will be posted on the livestream schedule when
available. The keynote talks will be livestreamed on the Wikipedia Facebook
page: https://www.facebook.com/wikipedia/

[4] https://twitter.com/Wikimania

[5] https://twitter.com/search?q=%23wikimania&src=tyah

[6] A full list of conference sessions is here: https://wikimania2017.
wikimedia.org/wiki/All_Session_Notes Notes and presentations will be posted
as they become available.

[7] Complete program schedule https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/
wiki/Programme

[8] Notetaking template: https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/Wikimania2017-