Party at the hotel room. Can someone confirm if the party is today or
tomorrow? And what are the provisions for transportation to the party venue.

Akash
Re: Wikimania Party [ In reply to ]
On 7/18/08, Akash Shah <akash.great@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've forgotten the envelope we got with the details about the Wikimania
> Party at the hotel room. Can someone confirm if the party is today or
> tomorrow? And what are the provisions for transportation to the party venue.

The party will be held on Saturday (19th).
You'll be picked up at BA 19:00 and 19:30.

--takashi

Re: Wikimania Party [ In reply to ]
I got no envelope with party details... :-/
I've uploaded a few photos of Wikimania, by the way:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arriabelli/ All good for Commons if anyone
thinks they're useful.
--Maria

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 3:20 AM, Takashi OTA
<supertakot+wikimania@gmail.com<supertakot%2Bwikimania@gmail.com>>

Re: Wikimania Party [ In reply to ]
Thanks Takashi. I thought it was Saturday, but just wanted to confirm.
Didn't want to miss the bus.

Akash

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Takashi OTA <

Re: Wikimania Party [ In reply to ]
Hi Maria.

I got an envelope containing two pages when I checked in at Hotel Delta -
the first was a map of the area, and the other had something about the
party. If you didn't get the envelope, it must be there at the hotel
reception.

I've uploaded a few pics of this trip on facebook. I don't have a premium
flickr account, so can't upload many photos there. The photos on facebook
are at
http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=500384678#/album.php?aid=23602&id=500384678

Akash

Re: Wikimania Party [ In reply to ]
The problem is that I switched lodgings yesterday, from the dorm of the
College Saint-Marc to the Hotel Delta. Since I hadn't reserved a room at the
hotel they had no envelope for me. I hope there'll be no problems getting to
the party. Was it an invitation/ticket, or can we go to the party without
any ID or whatever?
--Maria

Re: Wikimania Party [ In reply to ]
No. You won't have any problem. It wasn't a ticket, just a sheet of paper
giving instructions about the time of the party along with the time of the
shuttle. I'll show you the envelope later today or tomorrow at breakfast.

Akash

Re: Wikimania Party [ In reply to ]
I did not get anything either, but then I also switched hotel :-)

Perhaps it would be a good idea that at the beginning (or the end) of
the keynote speech tomorrow, someone (Jakob ?) reminds the audience of
the details ? It will not reach everyone, but hopefully a fair number.

Ant

Re: Wikimania Party [ In reply to ]
It's a good idea: people at the dorm have no such instruction sheet,
so we need to be informed where and when to go (oh before that, is it
sure all the attendees know there will be a party tomorrow?)

The closing ceremony or sometime in the tomorrow would be
a good occasion to spread information.

KIZU Naoko
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/Britty (in Japanese)

Re: Wikimania Party [ In reply to ]
I can vouch for this; there was no information at the college dorm about
it, I just recently found out about it in here.

Damian.