Mailing List Archive

From Delta hotel to Borg el Arab airport
I have a flight from the Borg el Arab airport at 14:15 on 20th July
(Sunday). Will leave for the airport around 10 am. If anyone is planning to
leave for the airport at that time, I'd be happy to share a cab. Also, can
someone tell me how long it would take for me to reach the airport from the
Delta. And how much would a cab to the airport cost.

Regards,
Akash
Re: From Delta hotel to Borg el Arab airport [ In reply to ]
On 7/17/08, Akash Shah <akash.great@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a flight from the Borg el Arab airport at 14:15 on 20th July
> (Sunday). Will leave for the airport around 10 am. If anyone is planning to
> leave for the airport at that time, I'd be happy to share a cab. Also, can
> someone tell me how long it would take for me to reach the airport from the
> Delta.

The flight it is. I and the other one will take that flight.
I came from Borg el Arab by free local bus but it apparently seems not
scheduled one. It left for downtown when enough passengers gathered,
taking 50-60 minutes.

> And how much would a cab to the airport cost.

According to:
http://wikitravel.org/en/Alexandria#By_plane

| It's rather less conveniently located some 25 km (16 mi) to the south-west of
| Alexandria, which means a one-hour journey by taxi (50 LE or less).

It depends on discount negotiation and # of passengers, but I suppose 90LE
or so/3 persons is proper price. If anyone who knows well about local
cab price rate,
please advise us.
Yesterday I negotiated the cab driver to discount from 20 to 15 between bus stop
and Delta, but we were required 30 in front of Delta reception desk.
(I didn't mean LE15 per person but whole ride... Should we have argued?)

--Takashi/Takot