brainstorm about upcoming individual talks and sessions? If not, can
someone help me figure out the best place to start a page? I would
like to be able to collect questions for the library panel ahead of
time if possible.

thanks!
Phoebe

--
- phoebe s. ayers | phoebe.ayers@gmail.com

Re: Wikimania wiki: talks? [ In reply to ]
Hoi,
Sounds like a great idea, it will help focus the presentation ... :)

Do we know if the presenters will have a reliable Internet connection
available ?? Do we know if presentations will be recorded and if these
presentations will be available to people who cannot come to Alexandria ??

Thanks,
GerardM

Re: Wikimania wiki: talks? [ In reply to ]
Hi Phoebe,

currently there is no such place yet to my knowledge. This is mainly
because the descriptions are this time not hosted on the wiki, but on
the submission systems' pages. If you would like to start such a page,
I would like to suggest to start a village pump-like page, for all
presentations, since otherwise it will be hard to let the speakers
guess where the info is.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Lodewijk

Re: Wikimania wiki: talks? [ In reply to ]
There is reliable wi-fi at BA, available inside the conference center, the
library, as well as outside on the plaza.

I'm pretty sure the presentations will be recorded and available.

-Aude

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 8:27 AM, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hoi,
> Sounds like a great idea, it will help focus the presentation ... :)
>
> Do we know if the presenters will have a reliable Internet connection
> available ?? Do we know if presentations will be recorded and if these
> presentations will be available to people who cannot come to Alexandria ??
>
> Thanks,
> GerardM
>

> On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 6:41 AM, phoebe ayers <phoebe.ayers@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Is there a place on the wiki for people to ask questions and
>> brainstorm about upcoming individual talks and sessions? If not, can
>> someone help me figure out the best place to start a page? I would
>> like to be able to collect questions for the library panel ahead of
>> time if possible.
>>
>> thanks!
>> Phoebe
>>

>> --
>> - phoebe s. ayers | phoebe.ayers@gmail.com

Aude
Re: Wikimania wiki: talks? [ In reply to ]
Hi everyone!

OK, I started a rough page at:
http://wikimania2008.wikimedia.org/wiki/Program/Presentations

I don't have time to add subpages for all of the events, but I did add
pages for the keynotes and for my talks, including the libraries
panel.

Please help add to this, including new subpages for individual talks
and questions for the presentations you're interested in! Also, please
feel free to move everything around if you can see a better way to
organize it.

thanks,
Phoebe