Dear Wikimania Team

I found out today that the Band Wust El Balad will have a presentation
in The Alexandria Library on July 17th,
Is this presentation inside the program of The Wikimania event?

Diana

--
Diana Apaza
http://wiki.sumaqperu.com

Re: About program of 17th July [ In reply to ]
Dear Diana,

No it's not part of the program.
but it's a nice thing to have it on the first day, I personally recommend it
for foreigners and of course Egyptians :)
not sure if tickets will be available right before the concert, but most
probably yes.
if anything I can help with, please let me know

Best regards,
Mohamed Ibrahim [mido]

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 22:38, Diana - Sumaq Peru Travel <
diana_apaza@sumaqperu.com> wrote:

> Dear Wikimania Team
>
> I found out today that the Band Wust El Balad will have a presentation
> in The Alexandria Library on July 17th,
> Is this presentation inside the program of The Wikimania event?
>
> Diana
>
> --
> Diana Apaza
> http://wiki.sumaqperu.com

Will Rogers - "I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report
the facts."
Re: About program of 17th July [ In reply to ]
Hello there,
do we have a page on wikimania wiki for such events (no part of our
conf but inside of BA or very near and eventually falling on our
interests)?

Cheers,

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 6:24 AM, Mido <mido.architect@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Diana,
>
> No it's not part of the program.
> but it's a nice thing to have it on the first day, I personally recommend it
> for foreigners and of course Egyptians :)
> not sure if tickets will be available right before the concert, but most
> probably yes.
> if anything I can help with, please let me know
>
> Best regards,
> Mohamed Ibrahim [mido]
>
> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 22:38, Diana - Sumaq Peru Travel
> <diana_apaza@sumaqperu.com> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Wikimania Team
>>
>> I found out today that the Band Wust El Balad will have a presentation
>> in The Alexandria Library on July 17th,
>> Is this presentation inside the program of The Wikimania event?
>>
>> Diana
>>
>> --
>> Diana Apaza
>> http://wiki.sumaqperu.com

> Will Rogers - "I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report
> the facts."

KIZU Naoko
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/Britty (in Japanese)

Re: About program of 17th July [ In reply to ]
Yes, we have http://wikimania2008.wikimedia.org/wiki/Social_Events
feel free to add if anything happens to be there

Re: About program of 17th July [ In reply to ]
Hi Mohamed

I find it a very nice activity because Wust El Balad is a very good
egyptian band. I also recommend it. After attend to the interesting
conferences during the day it is very good to listen to good music and
interact with other people. And I will like to attend this event.
Please let me now if you have any information of cost for people who
will arrive on July 17th at night.

Thanks

Diana Apaza
Gerente de Producto
SUMAQ PERU TRAVEL SAC
Tel: +511 242-6595
Cel: +511 9961-4116
info@sumaqperu.com
diana_apaza@sumaqperu.com
http://www.sumaqperu.com
http://wiki.sumaqperu.com
Re: About program of 17th July [ In reply to ]
Diana - Sumaq Peru Travel wrote:
> I find it a very nice activity because Wust El Balad is a very good
> egyptian band. I also recommend it. After attend to the interesting
> conferences during the day it is very good to listen to good music and
> interact with other people. And I will like to attend this event.
> Please let me now if you have any information of cost for people who
> will arrive on July 17th at night.
For those of us who are not familiar with this band, is there a link
with a sample opf their music?

Ec

Re: About program of 17th July [ In reply to ]
Dear all,
about the Wust el balad concert, I really recommend it for all the participants, the concert is for 20 EGP but for reservation, I don't think that there will be tickets left on the day of the concert, I think we can locally manage to get tickets for those who are willing to attend, and here is a link to samples of their music
Their official site is http://www.wustelbalad.com/
A link to their facebook group www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2233684764
hope you enjoy it and inform us if you need any further help
Thank You

Best Regards,
Nada Rady

>> I find it a very nice activity because Wust El Balad is a very good
>> egyptian band. I also recommend it. After attend to the interesting
>> conferences during the day it is very good to listen to good music and
>> interact with other people. And I will like to attend this event.
>> Please let me now if you have any information of cost for people who
>> will arrive on July 17th at night.
> For those of us who are not familiar with this band, is there a link
> with a sample opf their music?
>
> Ec

Best Regards,
Nada Rady
Re: About program of 17th July [ In reply to ]
Nada Rady wrote:
> Dear all,
> about the Wust el balad concert, I really recommend it for all the
> participants, the concert is for 20 EGP but for reservation, I don't
> think that there will be tickets left on the day of the concert, I
> think we can locally manage to get tickets for those who are willing
> to attend, and here is a link to samples of their music
> Their official site is http://www.wustelbalad.com/
> A link to their facebook group
> www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2233684764
> <http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2233684764>
> hope you enjoy it and inform us if you need any further help

This sounds exciting, and by our foreign standards the price is very
reasonable. It might be a good idea to reserve a block of tickets since
it may even be too late when we arrive in Alexandria.

Ray

Re: About program of 17th July [ In reply to ]
Yea, but I'm wondering how many tickets would be that block of tickets, so I
think we can manage the number upon showing request to attend...

Best Regards,
Nada Rady

>> about the Wust el balad concert, I really recommend it for all the
>> participants, the concert is for 20 EGP but for reservation, I don't
>> think that there will be tickets left on the day of the concert, I
>> think we can locally manage to get tickets for those who are willing
>> to attend, and here is a link to samples of their music
>> Their official site is http://www.wustelbalad.com/
>> A link to their facebook group
>> www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2233684764
>> <http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2233684764>
>> hope you enjoy it and inform us if you need any further help
>
> This sounds exciting, and by our foreign standards the price is very
> reasonable. It might be a good idea to reserve a block of tickets since
> it may even be too late when we arrive in Alexandria.
>
> Ray

Best Regards,
Nada Rady

Re: About program of 17th July [ In reply to ]
I know this doesn't solve the problem, but I would love to go. I'd think if you got 20 tickets, you'd easily find takers. We could have a sign-up on the wiki. And if there are leftovers, we can re-sell them at the venue, or eat them. The price is pretty cheap.

Re: About program of 17th July [ In reply to ]
ok, I agree on the idea of having a sign-up on wiki, and I'll see the
possibility of getting 20 tickets

> I know this doesn't solve the problem, but I would love to go. I'd think
> if you got 20 tickets, you'd easily find takers. We could have a sign-up
> on the wiki. And if there are leftovers, we can re-sell them at the
> venue, or eat them. The price is pretty cheap.

Best Regards,
Nada Rady

Re: About program of 17th July [ In reply to ]

I'm in...
please reserve one for me :)

Re: About program of 17th July [ In reply to ]
Nada Rady wrote:
> ok, I agree on the idea of having a sign-up on wiki, and I'll see the
> possibility of getting 20 tickets

Count me in for two, (me and my son).

Ray