Mailing List Archive

[OT] RecentChangesCamp, 9-11 May 2008, Palo Alto, California
Hello, all! I apologize for the off-topic message, but I think it would
be of interest to most people interested in Wikimania, and I'd hate to
see anyone miss out because they didn't know about the event. I'm
writing to invite you to this year's RCC in the Bay Area of Northern
California.

http://rcc2008.blueoxen.net/

RecentChangesCamp is a world-wide "unconference" for wiki technologists,
wiki users and wiki admins. Also invited are people from related
technology and community practises, as we look for common ground on
community, collaboration, and self-organizing behaviour. The event is
free of charge for all participants, thanks to our generous sponsors.
You can read more here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RecentChangesCamp

RecentChangesCamp 2008 will be held in Palo Alto, California from 9-10
May 2008. It will be a three-day conference with the agenda set by the
participants on-site. The emphasis of RecentChangesCamp is on bringing
together smart, talented people for productive, peer-to-peer talks.
RecentChangesCamp uses a process called Open Space
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Space_Technology) to organize and
focus discussion.

This is the fourth such event in three years. (The others have been held
in Portland and Montreal). Many Wikimania participants also attend RCC.
If you haven't been to one before, ask someone who has; feedback has
been uniformly great.

If you would like to attend, please just add your name to our wiki:

http://rcc2008.blueoxen.net/attendees

If that seems crazy, you can sign up on Upcoming:

http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/473283/

...or Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=14409100277

Please check out our wiki if you have any questions; also feel free to
contact anyone in our all-volunteer organizing group. You can write to
me directly or call my cell phone (+1-514-554-3826).

Thanks for your patience, I hope to see you at RCC 2008! If not, then in
Alexandria! Or both!

-Evan
Re: [OT] RecentChangesCamp, 9-11 May 2008, Palo Alto, California [ In reply to ]

Of course, if you follow the blog at <http://blog.wikimedia.org>, you'd
already know this information. :)

Cary