Mailing List Archive

open conference systems
Hey all,

I just found this:
http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs

an "Open conference system" from the Public Knowledge Project. It
might be worth checking out for Wikimania '08.

-- phoebe

-----

" Open Conference Systems (OCS) is a free Web publishing tool that
will create a complete Web presence for your scholarly conference...."

* create a conference Web site
* compose and send a call for papers
* electronically accept paper and abstract submissions
* allow paper submitters to edit their work
* post conference proceedings and papers in a searchable format
* post, if you wish, the original data sets
* register participants
* integrate post-conference online discussions

OCS version 2.0 is now available. New features include:

* manage conferences that occur more than once (e.g. yearly)
* an expanded, multiple-round review system
* e-mail template system
* localization & translation tools
* credit card payment for registrations
* automated "thanks-for-submitting" messages
* accept login/password for participants
* Creative Commons licensing of presentations
* more customizable, scalable and secure code
* ...and much more.
open conference systems [ In reply to ]
phoebe ayers wrote:

>Hey all,
>
>I just found this:
>http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs
>
>an "Open conference system" from the Public Knowledge Project. It
>might be worth checking out for Wikimania '08.

Thanks. This is local for me. I know that Simon Fraser's downtown
campus has done some interesting work to support conferencing. This is
is worth exploring. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have the
opportunity to explore this before I leave for Wikimania. My flight
leaves at 2 a.m. on the 30th and arrives at 5 a.m. on the 31st. I look
forward to seeing you again.

Ec