Question: where would you recommand or prefer that I set up such a page
? Wikimania (with identification), meta ? elsewhere ? Another idea ?

ant
Advisory board meeting [ In reply to ]
Dear Florence,

I think it is OK to set up this wiki page on the Wikimania website, as there
are more information about traveling to Taiwan in it. It will be more
convenient for the organizing team members to get things under control.
(knowing how many people will come, what kind of facilities will the meeting
use, etc)

Cheers,

THD

2007/3/22, Florence Devouard <anthere at anthere.org>:

> Hello,
>
> The board intends to set up a retreat time just prior to Wikimania, for
> roughly 2 days. This meeting will be particularly focusing on WMF
> advisory board (http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Advisory_Board).
>
> For now, I have no idea how many advisors were willing to join, and my
> first suggestion on our mailing list did not bring much feedback. I
> would like that this be discussed on a wiki page, where people can also
> simply add their name.
>
> It would have made sense to add this page to Wikimania site, but it
> seems identification is mandatory (and not all advisors are so familiar
> with the process).
>
> Question: where would you recommand or prefer that I set up such a page
> ? Wikimania (with identification), meta ? elsewhere ? Another idea ?
>
> ant

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Advisory board meeting [ In reply to ]
I think meta would be easiest.

I don't think Jimmy and Michael are available 2 days before Wikimania.
There is a Wikia board meeting on July 31. Even assuming that finished
by noon and they got on a plane immediately, they wouldn't be in
Taipei until late afternoon on August 1st.

Are there also meetings planned for after Wikimania?

Angela
Advisory board meeting [ In reply to ]
Angela Beesley wrote:
> I think meta would be easiest.
>
> I don't think Jimmy and Michael are available 2 days before Wikimania.
> There is a Wikia board meeting on July 31. Even assuming that finished
> by noon and they got on a plane immediately, they wouldn't be in
> Taipei until late afternoon on August 1st.
>
> Are there also meetings planned for after Wikimania?
>
> Angela

Jimbo himself told me he would be available just before... but not
available after... he probably forgot he could not instantly transport
himself...
I take it you would not be available either then...

I gave up the idea of having in the same week board meeting and retreat.
Too complicated. I will only go by board retreat, as we may have some of
the advisors interested in coming to Wikimania. If so, we should take
the chance...

Let me do a complete check again with them all. From Wikimania
perspective, what is best ? before or after ?

/me getting very annoyed at everyone being constantly busy

ant
Advisory board meeting [ In reply to ]
I would like to know more about Hacking Days. Will Mediawiki core developers
come to Taipei? B6s (Mike Jiang) is in charge of this event. We would like
to know how many people will come earlier, because there are many things
need to be arranged.

Thanks.

THD