Mailing List Archive

From YouTube
Hello,
Recently I found it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj4V2BcA40U
It contains some scenes from Wikimania 2006.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wikimania
is taken over by Larry Lessig btw ...

Are those are all movies about Wikimania?
Anyway, have fun!

--
KIZU Naoko
Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org
* habent enim emolumentum in labore suo *
From YouTube [ In reply to ]
On 2/28/07, Damian Finol <damian at igluve.org> wrote:

> Aphaia wrote:
> > http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wikimania
> > is taken over by Larry Lessig btw ...

> Hey Aphaia,
Hi!
> I taped those you see at the bottom :) "...recorded by Damian Finol..."
Yes, just after I sent my previous mail, I noticed
I might be better to say "taken over by Larry and Damian" ...
/me wonders therefore who the uploader ... he doesn't seem as Damian
Finol himself ...

Thank you for good filming!

> I hope to tape the one's this year !

Wonderful.
If we have all of plenaries/keynotes, it would be more than great.
It is good to have audio as well we have on Commons, but a film can be
subtitled (like another Larry film) and have more potentials.

From YouTube [ In reply to ]
From YouTube [ In reply to ]
Aphaia wrote:

> Hello,
> Recently I found it
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj4V2BcA40U
> It contains some scenes from Wikimania 2006.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wikimania
> is taken over by Larry Lessig btw ...
>
> Are those are all movies about Wikimania?
> Anyway, have fun!

For Wikimania 2007 we should better use a trustful organization to
archive the videos:

http://www.archive.org/details/movies

There are already some other Wikipedia documents:

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=wikipedia%20AND%20mediatype%3Amovies

Greetings,
Jakob
From YouTube [ In reply to ]
On 01/03/07, Jakob Voss <jakob.voss at nichtich.de> wrote:
> Aphaia wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > Recently I found it
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj4V2BcA40U
> > It contains some scenes from Wikimania 2006.
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wikimania
> > is taken over by Larry Lessig btw ...
> >
> > Are those are all movies about Wikimania?
> > Anyway, have fun!
>
> For Wikimania 2007 we should better use a trustful organization to
> archive the videos:
>
> http://www.archive.org/details/movies
>
> There are already some other Wikipedia documents:
>
> http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=wikipedia%20AND%20mediatype%3Amovies
>
> Greetings,
> Jakob

Have you already planned to record the conferences? Can't we think of
involving the Translation Commitee in order to subtitled the
conferences, I agree it's gonna be a lot of job, but for the non
english speaking personn he would be great.

--
schiste
From YouTube [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, christophe.henner at wikimedia.fr wrote:

> Have you already planned to record the conferences? Can't we think of
> involving the Translation Commitee in order to subtitled the
> conferences, I agree it's gonna be a lot of job, but for the non
> english speaking personn he would be great.

A fine idea. Automatically splitting the recordings into
video + audio + transcript (+ translated transcript)

Would be a nice job, and potentially something that good scripts and
a little workflow could help smooth out.

SJ
From YouTube [ In reply to ]
From YouTube [ In reply to ]
On 3/1/07, Damian Finol <damian at igluve.org> wrote:

> Well, wasn't there a video crew at WM06? I remember them with cameras
> around the big lectures; what happened with the video?

I think there was more than one film crew, but one of them were
involved with the WikiDocumentary project at
http://wikidocumentary.org which is due out in Spring 2008.

Angela
From YouTube [ In reply to ]
A few people from Global Vision came as well; their wikimentary footage
from '05 is up on the Internet Archive and linked from meta... but I
don't know where footage from '06 is.

SJ
--
+1 617 529.4266 skype: metasj en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Sj