Mailing List Archive

wikimania logo
BY> Thanks! My resume's posted. =p
>> I have to say it's an amazing logo.
>> On 1/11/07, Ben Yates wrote:
>> > I designed the original logo; if anyone wants my help with the new
>> > one, let me know.

Well my Mom says

M> I see you are volunteering for the conference. One point of
M> criticism: Can't they do better for a logo? It looks like two
M> separated smears of paint -- doesn't signify anything, and also not
M> very artistic. Maybe they can have a jury-peered artist contest for a
M> new and better design?

I however have images turned off on my modem line, so it doesn't
matter to me. OK, see you all here in Taiwan in 8/2007.
wikimania logo [ In reply to ]
WWWWWWWWell...
MMMMMMMMMMaybe she'll blink and change her mind :)

Jeremy

2007/2/4, Dan Jacobson <jidanni at jidanni.org>:

> BY> Thanks! My resume's posted. =p
> >> I have to say it's an amazing logo.
>
> Well my Mom says

> M> I see you are volunteering for the conference. One point of
> M> criticism: Can't they do better for a logo? It looks like two
> M> separated smears of paint -- doesn't signify anything, and also not
> M> very artistic. Maybe they can have a jury-peered artist contest for a
> M> new and better design?
>
> I however have images turned off on my modem line, so it doesn't
> matter to me. OK, see you all here in Taiwan in 8/2007.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
wikimania logo [ In reply to ]
On 2/4/07, Dan Jacobson <jidanni at jidanni.org> wrote:
> BY> Thanks! My resume's posted. =p
> >> I have to say it's an amazing logo.
>
> Well my Mom says

> M> I see you are volunteering for the conference. One point of
> M> criticism: Can't they do better for a logo? It looks like two
> M> separated smears of paint -- doesn't signify anything, and also not
> M> very artistic. Maybe they can have a jury-peered artist contest for a
> M> new and better design?
>
> I however have images turned off on my modem line, so it doesn't
> matter to me. OK, see you all here in Taiwan in 8/2007.

I don't know if I've mentioned this already, but we did get
complements on the logo in person at Wikimania '06, including from one
person who was a former conference planner.

As for what the logo signifies: it's a creative WM, IIRC :) I'm not
saying there's not a possibly better logo out there that we could get
with a contest, but this one served our purposes well by being
recognizable, easy to print, infinitely scalable and uncomplicated
(easy to reproduce with markers on handmade signs, for instance!) Any
new logo should aspire to the same goals.

-- phoebe
wikimania logo [ In reply to ]
I think the WM Logo is very beautiful. It's not meaningless. It looks like
someone dancing happily, just like he/she is attending a very joyful party.

THD

wikimania logo [ In reply to ]
Very nice interpretation, full of poetry !

ant