Mailing List Archive

Promotion, graphics, and parties
A few notes on sharing the wikimania love, before and during the
conference :

* Attached is a draft pamphlet for spreading the word about Wikimania,
care of Reid Offringa. On a less sacrilegious note, there is also a
lovely hacking-days poster image about (Brett, what's the latest version
like?) which would make a good printout to bring to other related events.

* There are three entries so far in the t-shirt competition; and while
they are pretty darn good, more are wanted! And other image suggestions,
including icons/buttons of various sizes, are welcome.

* A Wikimania party Saturday night is being planned for the MIT Museum,
which is a proper tardis of a building. You can prepare by practicing
your DDR skills...
http://web.mit.edu/museum/collections/index.html

* Friday there will be, among other things, a party hosted by wikitravel;
who is encouraged to put more details up on the wiki, where that and other
events are noted:
http://wikimania2006.wikimedia.org/wiki/Events

( SJ )
Promotion, graphics, and parties [ In reply to ]
SJ - um. speaking of Wikimania love... has anyone else mentioned what
looks like a diagram of the female reproduction organs on the
pamphlet? What IS that thing?? :-)

Andrea

Promotion, graphics, and parties [ In reply to ]
LOL.

ok, it's good that I can laugh at myself because that was not supposed
to go out to the whole list! But maybe someone else can tell me what
it is! :-)

-Andrea

Promotion, graphics, and parties [ In reply to ]
No, it's a good question! I, too, wonder what it is! Is it a seed pod?
A dissected Calvinball? Reid, explain yourself! :)

-- phoebe

Promotion, graphics, and parties [ In reply to ]
Ahhh, the secret to attracting the right people : providing a mystery
that only Wikipedia can solve.

Why *is* the mesencephalon so important?

SJ

Promotion, graphics, and parties [ In reply to ]
On 7/20/06, phoebe ayers <brassratgirl at gmail.com> wrote:
> No, it's a good question! I, too, wonder what it is! Is it a seed pod?
> A dissected Calvinball? Reid, explain yourself! :)

Ou vraiment l'Origine d'Humane
http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/daumier/

No, it's just joke ...... we are better to wait Reid ......
--
Aphaia
aka
Promotion, graphics, and parties [ In reply to ]
Well duh. Typical me. Forever taking the mesencephalon for other body
parts. It can now safely be said that Andrea is no brain surgeon.