Mailing List Archive

Mediawiki 1.39.5 updagrade and more Composer problems
Hi Everyone,

We are working on Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS, x86_64, fully patched. Our
hosting provider does not offer Ubuntu 22 at the moment. Ubuntu 20
provides Composer 1.

I'm trying to upgrade from Mediawiki 1.39.4 to 1.39.5. During
`composer install --no-dev` I am seeing this error
(https://github.com/weidai11/website/blob/master/mediawiki/wiki-upgrade.txt#L117):

Does anyone know how to fix this:

Problem 1
- Installation request for doctrine/dbal 3.4.2 -> satisfiable by
doctrine/dbal[3.4.2].
- doctrine/dbal 3.4.2 requires composer-runtime-api ^2 -> no
matching package found.

Potential causes:
- A typo in the package name
- The package is not available in a stable-enough version according
to your minimum-stability setting
see <https://getcomposer.org/doc/04-schema.md#minimum-stability>
for more details.
- It's a private package and you forgot to add a custom repository to find it

Read <https://getcomposer.org/doc/articles/troubleshooting.md> for
further common problems.
Running update with --no-dev does not mean require-dev is ignored, it
just means the packages will not be installed. If dev requirements are
blocking the update you have to resolve those problems.

Jeff
Re: Mediawiki 1.39.5 updagrade and more Composer problems [ In reply to ]
The only fix for this I've ever found was to use Composer 2. MediaWiki
1.39 is apparently not compatible with Composer 1.

They provide instructions at https://getcomposer.org/download/ . You can
download and run it without installing it, and without replacing
Composer 1 in your system.

If this isn't acceptable, I'm afraid you're out of luck.

--
Bartosz Dziewo?ski