Mailing List Archive

determine which Mediawiki component is using doctrine/dbal?
I'm trying to upgrade from Mediawiki 1.38 to Mediawiki 1.39 on Ubuntu
20.04 LTS, x96_64, LTS. Ubuntu 20 provides Composer 1.

When I run 'composer install --verbose --no-dev' I get this error:

<BEGIN>
Problem 1
- Installation request for doctrine/dbal 3.4.2 -> satisfiable by
doctrine/dbal[3.4.2].
- doctrine/dbal 3.4.2 requires composer-runtime-api ^2 -> no
matching package found.

Potential causes:
- A typo in the package name
- The package is not available in a stable-enough version according
to your minimum-stability setting
see <https://getcomposer.org/doc/04-schema.md#minimum-stability>
for more details.
- It's a private package and you forgot to add a custom repository to find it
</END>

I want to remove whatever is using doctrine/dbal.

How do I determine which Mediawiki component is using doctrine/dbal?

Thanks in advance.
Re: determine which Mediawiki component is using doctrine/dbal? [ In reply to ]
Hi,
Doctrine DBAL is only used for building the schema files out of abstract
schema changes (tables.json). If you don't do anything with database
schema, just remove it from require-dev or install it with --no-dev option
(it's a dev dependency not a production one)

HTH

Am Mo., 3. Juli 2023 um 20:37 Uhr schrieb Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com

--
Amir (he/him)
Re: determine which Mediawiki component is using doctrine/dbal? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Jul 3, 2023 at 2:50?PM Amir Sarabadani <ladsgroup@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Doctrine DBAL is only used for building the schema files out of abstract schema changes (tables.json). If you don't do anything with database schema, just remove it from require-dev or install it with --no-dev option (it's a dev dependency not a production one)

Thanks Amir.

Why is it being installed with 'composer install --verbose --no-dev'?
We use `--no-dev`, which should avoid the development configurations.

If I have a misunderstanding of `--no-dev`, then how do I say
"Production/Release only"? This is a production server. We don't want
the development stuff polluting the box.

And finally, where do we remove it from? I don't remember installing it.

Jeff

Re: determine which Mediawiki component is using doctrine/dbal? [ In reply to ]
If you look at MediaWiki's core composer.json
<https://github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki/blob/master/composer.json>,
doctrine/dbal is only set in require-dev so it shouldn't be installed with
--no-dev, if it's erroring out with that option set then something is
wrong. Very likely some other extension or system requires it in production
which depends if you use that system or not but it's not from the MediaWiki
core.

Am Mo., 3. Juli 2023 um 20:55 Uhr schrieb Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com

--
Amir (he/him)
Re: determine which Mediawiki component is using doctrine/dbal? [ In reply to ]
On 7/3/23 21:55, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> Why is it being installed with 'composer install --verbose --no-dev'?
> We use `--no-dev`, which should avoid the development configurations.
>
> If I have a misunderstanding of `--no-dev`, then how do I say
> "Production/Release only"? This is a production server. We don't want
> the development stuff polluting the box.

Try `composer update --no-dev`? There's a theoretical possibility that
composer somehow has added dbal to the lock file, which the `update`
command should bypass.

Taavi