[media:myDoc.pdf] to create a link to that file?
--
John
Re: Uploading non-image files [ In reply to ]
On Dec 2, 2004, at 9:20 PM, John Yu wrote:
> I couldn't find any reference on this topic in the Mediawiki Handbook
> nor the mailing list:
>
> If I upload a non-image file (e.g. myDoc.pdf), does it end up in the
> images directory? And in my wiki page, do I use the same syntax
> [media:myDoc.pdf] to create a link to that file?

Yes, and yes. All uploads go in the same place. You need to add
non-standard extensions to the file extension whitelist, or else
disable the whitelist and accept the risk inherent in using only the
blacklist.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Uploading non-image files [ In reply to ]
Yup, thanks.
I read about the blacklist stuff in the Handbook.
--
John