but is there a general place to obtain skins/themes?

Thanks,

Tom
Re: Newbie Questions [ In reply to ]
About 1: Do you mean: How to set it up? How to enable it? Check
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Running_MediaWiki_on_Mandrake#Enable_Upload
That did it for me. Then it is just a matter of clicking the 'upload file' link.

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 11:04:46 -0500, Tom Melendez <tmelendez@bascom.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I'm new to MediaWiki, but so far I'm loving it. Powerful, full featured
> - definitely the best of the bunch. I have a couple of questions, and
> I've been searching around with no luck, so I thought someone could
> point me in the right direction:
>
> 1. Uploading files
> I've seen in mentioned in mail postings and such that people are
> uploading files to the server with MediaWiki, but I can't seem to find
> where/how to do this. Can anyone shed some light?
>
> 2. Downloadable Skins?
> I think I already know the answer (the answer being "not currently"),
> but is there a general place to obtain skins/themes?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

Thanks.
/Sebast.

Visit us at http://limpingsquad.kicks-ass.org:8888/
Re: Newbie Questions [ In reply to ]
Wow, that was easy, can't believe I missed that one.

Thanks for the help!

Tom

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 11:09, Sebastien Routier wrote:
> About 1: Do you mean: How to set it up? How to enable it? Check
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Running_MediaWiki_on_Mandrake#Enable_Upload
> That did it for me. Then it is just a matter of clicking the 'upload file' link.
>

> On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 11:04:46 -0500, Tom Melendez <tmelendez@bascom.com> wrote:
> > Hey everyone,
> >
> > I'm new to MediaWiki, but so far I'm loving it. Powerful, full featured
> > - definitely the best of the bunch. I have a couple of questions, and
> > I've been searching around with no luck, so I thought someone could
> > point me in the right direction:
> >
> > 1. Uploading files
> > I've seen in mentioned in mail postings and such that people are
> > uploading files to the server with MediaWiki, but I can't seem to find
> > where/how to do this. Can anyone shed some light?
> >
> > 2. Downloadable Skins?
> > I think I already know the answer (the answer being "not currently"),
> > but is there a general place to obtain skins/themes?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Tom

====
========================
Tom Melendez
Senior Software Developer
BASCOM Global Internet Services, Inc.
Phone : 631-434-6600
Fax : 631-434-7800
Email : tmelendez@bascom.com
Web : http://www.bascom.com
========================
Re: Newbie Questions [ In reply to ]
Tom Melendez wrote:
<snip>
> 2. Downloadable Skins?
> I think I already know the answer (the answer being "not currently"),
> but is there a general place to obtain skins/themes?

Hello Tom,

All available themes are already shipped with MediaWiki.

Version 1.4 will ease the installation / creation of new skins. Once it
is released, there might be people sending us new skins to include in
MediaWiki ;o)

cheers,

--
Ashar Voultoiz - WP++++
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Hashar
Re: Re: Newbie Questions [ In reply to ]
On 2 Dec 2004, at 19:36, Ashar Voultoiz wrote:

> Tom Melendez wrote:
> <snip>
>> 2. Downloadable Skins?
>> I think I already know the answer (the answer being "not currently"),
>> but is there a general place to obtain skins/themes?
>
> Hello Tom,
>
> All available themes are already shipped with MediaWiki.
>
> Version 1.4 will ease the installation / creation of new skins. Once
> it is released, there might be people sending us new skins to include
> in MediaWiki ;o)

While I'm personally waiting for 1.4, it ''is'' possible to customize a
lot of things now:
>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_styles
That may not be "true" skinning, as you're not really defining a skin
from scratch, but provided you have the required skills you can still
do quite a lot there.

-- ropers [[en:User:Ropers]]
www.ropersonline.com