Dear friends

Thank you for all the input concerning my problem with the Umlaut in German
language on Wikimedia. I tryed all the problem solving inputs you send to
me, but the problem still exists. My problem ist not on my database. There
it works perfectly. The problem is on Wikimedia. I suppose that the problem
could be due to my hosting provider? Mai be a version conflict? I would very
appreciate your further inputs to my problem. Thank you in advance.

Andrea
Re: Problems with the Germans Umlaute: ä, ö, ü [ In reply to ]
On Nov 27, 2004, at 2:18 PM, Andrea Arena wrote:
> Thank you for all the input concerning my problem with the Umlaut in
> German
> language on Wikimedia. I tryed all the problem solving inputs you send
> me, but the problem still exists. My problem ist not on my database.
> There
> it works perfectly. The problem is on Wikimedia. I suppose that the
> problem
> could be due to my hosting provider? Mai be a version conflict? I
> would very
> appreciate your further inputs to my problem. Thank you in advance.

Andrea, could you please list exactly the things you tried?

In particular, have you checked that languages/LanguageDe.php is the
exacty original file, that it has not been edited or altered in any
way? In 1.3.7 it should have the MD5 checksum
619ee2455928dacbea363020254ea464; it's 63582 bytes long and was dated
September 3, 2004.

Secondly, can you list exactly what, if any, changes you have made to
your LocalSettings.php file? Did you change anything in there after
installing? What exact options did you select while installing?

Thirdly, can you provide details of your PHP configuration? A script
like this provides a large amount of configuration information:
<?php phpinfo() ?>

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)