Mailing List Archive

table appearance in the mediawiki browser
HI,

I have installed Mediwiki 1.3.8 on Solaris. I am very new to MediWiki. I have created table called "environment" and also loaded the data in to the table which is in the Database called "wikidb". Now how can I view ir from my mediawiki browser. what are the steps do I need to take inorder to appear my table in mediawiki browser.

Thanks,
Vani
Re: table appearance in the mediawiki browser [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 22:02:00 +0000, vanibhat@comcast.net
<vanibhat@comcast.net> wrote:
> I have installed Mediwiki 1.3.8 on Solaris. I am very new to MediWiki. I have created table called "environment" and also loaded the data in to the table which is in the Database called "wikidb". Now how can I view ir from my mediawiki browser. what are the steps do I need to take inorder to appear my table in mediawiki browser.

I'm not quite sure what you mean here, and I suspect you have
misunderstood the nature of MediaWiki. MediaWiki is not a "browser" of
any kind; it is a collabourative website tool, which uses a database
to store the content of pages which can be edited by any user.

The content of the articles is in the 'cur' table, with old revisions
in 'old', and lots of extra information elsewhere; adding another
table to the database doesn't make a lot of sense. If you were hoping
to add a bunch of articles at once, I guess you could import things
directly into 'cur', but you'd have to make sure information that
MediaWiki would have created (had you entered the articles "properly",
through the software itself) is more-or-less correct. I believe some
of the scripts in the 'maintenance' directory would be of use
afterwards - there's one called "rebuildlinks.php" or something, I
believe, that looks through all pages and rebuilds the 'links' table.

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]