4. i checked the copyright an pressed ok with an empty filename
5. upgrade from 1.3.3 or 1.3.6 (can't remember) to 1.3.7 by copying
the tar file over the old one

what could be the cause of the error, or how can i track this further
down? i already checked /tmp permissions, images permission.

-solo.

ps:
can you pls respond personally too, as i'm not yet subscribed to the list.
Re: [pear_error: message="failed to open stream: Permission denied" code=0 mode=return level=notice prefix="" info=""] [ In reply to ]
To me, it sounds like it tried to read a file that doesn't exist.

Try uploading the image again (maybe under a different name), and tell
us what happens. You can also try deleting the first one (if you can).

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 17:44:58 +0100, solo turn <soloturn@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i get for some pages:
> [.pear_error: message="failed to open stream: Permission denied" code=0
> mode=return level=notice prefix="" info=""]
>
> and for others not.
>
> the only thing i did was:
> 1. upload an image.
> 2. forget to check the copyright box
> 3. it came back with a title, but no filename filled in
> 4. i checked the copyright an pressed ok with an empty filename
> 5. upgrade from 1.3.3 or 1.3.6 (can't remember) to 1.3.7 by copying
> the tar file over the old one
>
> what could be the cause of the error, or how can i track this further
> down? i already checked /tmp permissions, images permission.
>
> -solo.
>
> ps:
> can you pls respond personally too, as i'm not yet subscribed to the list.

http://endeavour.zapto.org/astro73/
Thank you to JosephM for inviting me to Gmail!
Re: [pear_error: message="failed to open stream: Permission denied" code=0 mode=return level=notice prefix="" info=""] [ In reply to ]
thanks a lot!
i deleted the image with sql from the table, as i could not delete it
from the gui. the error was not gone, so i left it for the weekend.
after the weekend and a few restarts of the webserver later the error
was gone. i hope i did not make the database inconsistent by deleting
this one table line.

the only thing i'm sure:
i was able to press upload without a filename and could not get rid of
it from mediawikis gui as there was no delete link.

what i m wondering:
would it fit mediawikis intention if one could upload other file types
too, like a powerpoint presentation?

-solo.