Wouldn't it make sense to have a wiki about installing, configuring,
and using MediaWiki? Somebody must have had this idea before, so either
it's there already or else there is some reason it should not be there,
right? My thought is that subscribers to this list would notice the
material of non-transient value and stick it into the wiki for
convenient access, creating a resource better than searching the
archives of the mailing list. What am I missing?

Dick
Re: MediaWiki wiki sought [ In reply to ]
Welcome to the list.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 11:18:36 -0700, Richard Karpinski <dick@cfcl.com> wrote:
> Wouldn't it make sense to have a wiki about installing, configuring,
> and using MediaWiki? Somebody must have had this idea before, so either
> it's there already or else there is some reason it should not be there,
> right? My thought is that subscribers to this list would notice the
> material of non-transient value and stick it into the wiki for
> convenient access, creating a resource better than searching the
> archives of the mailing list. What am I missing?
>
> Dick

http://endeavour.zapto.org/astro73/
Thank you to JosephM for inviting me to Gmail!
Re: MediaWiki wiki sought [ In reply to ]
Re: MediaWiki wiki sought [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Jamie Bliss schrieb:
> Welcome to the list.
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Maybe it is not really clear, that this is also an wiki for the
mediawiki software. For example i thought, it is an wiki about the
wikimedia fondation. The links are a little bit hidden and on the top of
the page there is a lot of fondation stuff, that i dont try to scroll
down and read the whole page...

bye Keywan