Is there anything I can do?

Thanks very much
thomas
Re: texvc (Formulas): fmtutil.cnf can't be found [ In reply to ]
[...]

> I had to compile the whole tex-packages in a temp-directory and have now
> moved the following files into a final directory (which lies in my path):
> latex (a symbolic link to tex), tex, dvips, mktexfmt (a symbolic link to
> fmtutil), fmtutil, kpsewhich and now, because of the error message,
> fmtutil.cnf.

That is definitely not the way to install TeX. Get a minimal TeX
installation and copy all files. Don't even think of doing it on a
simple file by file basis (unless you are an expert).

Patrick
RE: Re: texvc (Formulas): fmtutil.cnf can't be found [ In reply to ]
Hi Patrick

> That is definitely not the way to install TeX. Get a minimal TeX
> installation and copy all files. Don't even think of doing it on a
> simple file by file basis (unless you are an expert).

Thanks. Can you (or someone else) tell me what to download (or how to
./configure tex) in order to get the minimal requirements for texvc? I am
not a tex-expert; I searched on dante.de a little bit, but unfortunately, I
have really no idea what to get...

Thanks very much

thomas
Re: texvc (Formulas): fmtutil.cnf can't be found [ In reply to ]
Hello Thomas,

> Thanks. Can you (or someone else) tell me what to download (or how to
> ./configure tex) in order to get the minimal requirements for texvc? I am
> not a tex-expert; I searched on dante.de a little bit, but unfortunately, I
> have really no idea what to get...

OK, what OS do you use?

Does texvc require LaTeX? Or is plain TeX sufficient?

see for example http://www.pragma-ade.com/download-4.htm ; I don't
know much about it.

Perhaps you should ask on a TeX related mailinglist; tex-d-l would
probably the first choice. And (although probably impractical) texlive
can be used to create a pretty minmal TeX installation iirc.

Patrick
RE: Re: texvc (Formulas): fmtutil.cnf can't be found [ In reply to ]
> > Thanks. Can you (or someone else) tell me what to download
> (or how to
> > ./configure tex) in order to get the minimal requirements
> for texvc? I am
> > not a tex-expert; I searched on dante.de a little bit, but
> unfortunately, I
> > have really no idea what to get...
>
> OK, what OS do you use?

FreeBSD

> Does texvc require LaTeX? Or is plain TeX sufficient?

No, it definitively requires LaTeX.

> see for example http://www.pragma-ade.com/download-4.htm ; I don't
> know much about it.

I'll have a look at it...

thomas
Re: texvc (Formulas): fmtutil.cnf can't be found [ In reply to ]
Hello Thomas,

>> OK, what OS do you use?

> FreeBSD

with

>> Does texvc require LaTeX? Or is plain TeX sufficient?

> No, it definitively requires LaTeX.

and

>> see for example http://www.pragma-ade.com/download-4.htm ; I don't
>> know much about it.
>
> I'll have a look at it...

results:

Then you're out of luck there. And I am out of my wits.

Patrick
Re: Re: texvc (Formulas): fmtutil.cnf can't be found [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 10:03:59AM +0200, Thomas Keller wrote:
> Hi Patrick
>
> > That is definitely not the way to install TeX. Get a minimal TeX
> > installation and copy all files. Don't even think of doing it on a
> > simple file by file basis (unless you are an expert).
>
> Thanks. Can you (or someone else) tell me what to download (or how to
> ./configure tex) in order to get the minimal requirements for texvc? I am
> not a tex-expert; I searched on dante.de a little bit, but unfortunately, I
> have really no idea what to get...

Try search for a fitted distribution in http://tex.loria.fr/distributions.html

-Riba