also see it on at least one older page so I'm not sure.

Any ideas on why this may be or how to fix it would be appreciated!

Michelle
Re: Sub-categories not grouped in alpha order [ In reply to ]
On Oct 18, 2004, at 8:30 PM, Michelle wrote:
> We've noticed that sometimes sub-categories are not grouped
> alphabetically on category pages. For example, on this page:
[snip]
> We're not sure, but it seems the problem started occurring after we
> upgraded from a 1.3.0 beta to 1.3.5. All of the out-of-order
> sub-categories were created or modified after the upgrade. However I
> also see it on at least one older page so I'm not sure.
>
> Any ideas on why this may be or how to fix it would be appreciated!

Sort keys for categories used to include the 'Category' namespace, they
don't anymore. Edit all affected pages to update the links table for
each, or run a query like this to do them all at once:

UPDATE categorylinks
SET cl_sortkey=SUBSTRING(cl_sortkey,10) WHERE cl_sortkey LIKE
'Category:%';

Also, I would strongly advise you to upgrade to 1.3.7 as soon as
possible, as a number of potential security problems have been fixed.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Sub-categories not grouped in alpha order [ In reply to ]
On Oct 18, 2004, at 9:54 PM, Brion Vibber wrote:

> Sort keys for categories used to include the 'Category' namespace,
> they don't anymore. Edit all affected pages to update the links table
> for each, or run a query like this to do them all at once:

Do you mean to just do some kind of edit/save on the category pages, or
the articles that go in them? I just tried both and neither seemed to
have any effect. I did empty the browser cache...

> UPDATE categorylinks
> SET cl_sortkey=SUBSTRING(cl_sortkey,10) WHERE cl_sortkey LIKE
> 'Category:%';

I'll try this after I get a good backup of the database, just in case.
I've never run a query on it before. :-)

> Also, I would strongly advise you to upgrade to 1.3.7 as soon as
> possible, as a number of potential security problems have been fixed.

Will do -- thanks!

Michelle