- I am looking for a mod for MediaWiki so that I can have a little
panel that gets RSS feeds from other sites. Does something like this
exist?

- Is there any kind of mod that allows for php code to be placed in
wiki text, maybe only by admins and such?

Thanks.

Regards,
Taneem Talukdar
Re: RSS aggregator for MediaWiki + executing PHP [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:29:25 -0600, Dheo Design <thezeropoint@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have done a fair bit of searching for this, but I apologise if this
> is answered somewhere else.
>
> - I am looking for a mod for MediaWiki so that I can have a little
> panel that gets RSS feeds from other sites. Does something like this
> exist?

Not in MediaWiki (to my knowledge), but there are other server-side
RSS agregators that run in PHP.

> - Is there any kind of mod that allows for php code to be placed in
> wiki text, maybe only by admins and such?

Probably not, for security reasons, I'm sure. Full HTML can be
enabled, however (possibley selectively), so you may want to, instead,
develop a script as a seperate page and a some Java script to insert
it into your page.