Mailing List Archive

Reset user's skin preferences
Hi,

I have a user account whose browser comes up blank after they changed
their skin to Nostalgia. I've noticed that there's a Reset preferences
button in the Special:Preferences page(which they can not see), however,
I can not capture the command it's issuing. Do you know what it is? Or
how to reset their skin?

I'm using MediaWiki 1.3.3 on Linux.

Thanks,

Chuck

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com
Re: Reset user's skin preferences [ In reply to ]
On Oct 15, 2004, at 6:40 AM, Chuck Bishop wrote:
> I have a user account whose browser comes up blank after they changed
> their skin to Nostalgia. I've noticed that there's a Reset preferences
> button in the Special:Preferences page(which they can not see),
> however,
> I can not capture the command it's issuing. Do you know what it is?
> Or
> how to reset their skin?

The reset button is a standard HTML form button which resets the form
controls to the state they originally had when the page was loaded. It
doesn't act on the server at all.

I don't know why the screen would come up blank, but you can manually
edit the user_options field in the database, or simply clear it to the
defaults.

To clear:
UPDATE user SET user_options='' WHERE user_name='User Name' LIMIT 1;

> I'm using MediaWiki 1.3.3 on Linux.

Please upgrade to 1.3.6 immediately; there are potentially serious
security vulnerabilities in earlier versions.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)