so i will try until we get a new server i will try to minimise the sql
querys.

mediawiki-1.3.3 running on linux with 486DX 100mhz and 64 mb ram.
Building of the linkcc tables takes about 4 days....

Thx
Andreas

--
ICQ: 304 760 315
Re: Link [[foo]] exists function [ In reply to ]
andreas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Which function checks if the internel link ([[foo]]) exists or links to
> the edit page?

Hello,

The function itself is Skin::makeLink() in ./includes/Skin.php wich then
call Skin::makeLinkobj(). Then given the article is either existent,
stub or non existent it will call one of:
Skin::makeBrokenLinkObj
Skin::makeStubLinkObj
Skin::makeKnownLinkObj

There is also Skin::makeKnownLink() Skin:makeBrokenLink()
Skin:makeStubLink() wich call one of the three function above.

You will have to hack around the source to replace everything with
Skin::makeKnownLinkObj.

> My problem is, i have to run the wiki on a VERY slow server in our school,
> so i will try until we get a new server i will try to minimise the sql
> querys.
>
> mediawiki-1.3.3 running on linux with 486DX 100mhz and 64 mb ram.
> Building of the linkcc tables takes about 4 days....

Impressive. I had a server with about the same spec. I only used it as a
firewall / small ftp / static html web server :o)

Possibly some more RAM could help a bit, but try to at least get a
Pentium II 450 / 128mB .

cheers,

--
Ashar Voultoiz