Mailing List Archive

thumb pages with error messages (only with Netscape 7.1)
Hello,

MediaWiki 1.3.3 is giving strange error-messages on pages with thumbs,
but only when I use the browser Netscape 7.1 and not with IE 6.0 or
Firefox 0.9.
The error messages are the following:

Warning: shell_exec,popen,escapeshellcmd,proc_open,proc_nice() has
been disabled for security reasons in
/www/htdocs/wiki/includes/Image.php on line 179

Warning: stat() [function.stat <http://www.php.net/function.stat>]:
Stat failed for
/www/htdocs/v101777/wiki/images/thumb/5/57/180px-Kvdr-image02.jpg
(errno=2 - No such file or directory) in
/www/htdocs/wiki/includes/Image.php on line 246

Warning:
unlink(/www/htdocs/v101777/wiki/images/thumb/5/57/180px-Kvdr-image02.jpg)
[function.unlink <http://www.php.net/function.unlink>]: No such file
or directory in /www/htdocs//wiki/includes/Image.php on line 249

Has anybody a idea what is going wrong? What can I do?

Thank you!
Markus
Re: thumb pages with error messages (only with Netscape 7.1) [ In reply to ]
On Sep 20, 2004, at 11:37 AM, Markus Klaus Schäffauer wrote:
> MediaWiki 1.3.3 is giving strange error-messages on pages with thumbs,
> but only when I use the browser Netscape 7.1 and not with IE 6.0 or
> Firefox 0.9.
> The error messages are the following:

Those messages have to do with your PHP configuration and shouldn't be
affected by which browser you use. It's possible that there's a caching
issue that causes Netscape to see different versions of the page, or
the error messages might be hidden or displayed differently (check

> Warning: shell_exec,popen,escapeshellcmd,proc_open,proc_nice() has
> been disabled for security reasons in
> /www/htdocs/wiki/includes/Image.php on line 179

Well, that's going to make it pretty hard to shell out to ImageMagick.

If you're unwilling or unable to change that, try using the GD library
support instead (switch the settings in LocalSettings.php). This of
course will only work if GD support is available in your PHP
configuration.

> Warning: stat() [function.stat <http://www.php.net/function.stat>]:
> Stat failed for
> /www/htdocs/v101777/wiki/images/thumb/5/57/180px-Kvdr-image02.jpg
> (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in
> /www/htdocs/wiki/includes/Image.php on line 246

It's also kind of odd that there are different path names here. Is this
a deliberate configuration you've set up, or something weird?

> Warning:
>
> unlink(/www/htdocs/v101777/wiki/images/thumb/5/57/180px-Kvdr-
> image02.jpg)
> [function.unlink <http://www.php.net/function.unlink>]: No such file
> or directory in /www/htdocs//wiki/includes/Image.php on line 249

This is trying to remove 0-length faulty generated thumbnails. Since
the file doesn't even exist, that naturally doesn't work right.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: thumb pages with error messages (only with Netscape 7.1) [ In reply to ]
Hi Brion,
thank you for answering.

>> MediaWiki 1.3.3 is giving strange error-messages on pages with
>> thumbs, but only when I use the browser Netscape 7.1 and not with IE
>> 6.0 or Firefox 0.9.
>> The error messages are the following:
>

> Those messages have to do with your PHP configuration and shouldn't
> be affected by which browser you use. It's possible that there's a
> caching issue that causes Netscape to see different versions of the
> page, or the error messages might be hidden or displayed differently
> (check 'view source').

I can observe the difference between Netscape 7.1 and Firefox 0.9 even
in the source code. So I think you are right, it might be a caching
issue of Netscape 7.1, because there is nothing wrong in the other browsers.

>> Warning: shell_exec,popen,escapeshellcmd,proc_open,proc_nice() has
>> been disabled for security reasons in
>> /www/htdocs/wiki/includes/Image.php on line 179
>

> Well, that's going to make it pretty hard to shell out to ImageMagick.
>
> If you're unwilling or unable to change that, try using the GD
> library support instead (switch the settings in LocalSettings.php).
> This of course will only work if GD support is available in your PHP
> configuration.

I allready disabled ImageMagick this afternoon, but may be the error
messages are still present (in Netscape) due to the caching issue you
mentioned.

> Warning: stat() [function.stat <http://www.php.net/function.stat>]:
>
>> Stat failed for
>> /www/htdocs/v101777/wiki/images/thumb/5/57/180px-Kvdr-image02.jpg
>> (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in
>> /www/htdocs/wiki/includes/Image.php on line 246
>
> It's also kind of odd that there are different path names here. Is
> this a deliberate configuration you've set up, or something weird?

I am sorry, this is my fault: I wanted to erase the directory name and
forgot this one ;-)

The thumbs are working well (with GD library support), so I hope the
error messages will dissapear once the cache is reloaded.

Thank you!
Markus