Mailing List Archive

peer review requested
Would interested folks please check out
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Running_MediaWiki_on_Mac_OS_X

I've made a lot of changes to the document and I was bold several
times, so I'm neither sure it's complete nor correct. Especially with
regards the actual steps required to secure things against outside
mischief. Your help and corrections are very much appreciated.

Note that the article now focuses on installation of MediaWiki on a
bog-standard (non-Server) Mac OS X installation. People installing
MediaWiki on Mac OS X Server would probably (a) be able to figure out
any potential changes they may want to make easily, (b) be on average
more competent to adapt than most non-Server users and (c) find the
instructions very similar to what they would do on OS X Server anyway.
-- That said, you're welcome to write up an additional/seperate Server
install section! ;-)

-- ropers [[en:User:Ropers]]
www.ropersonline.com