presentation of the content?

Many thanks for your help.

Matthias
Re: Mediawiki viewer? [ In reply to ]
On Sep 15, 2004, at 9:07 AM, Matthias Jaekle wrote:
> I would like to display stuff of a mediawiki database on a second page
> without editing possibilities and without the framework around the
> content.

Your best bet if you don't want to do a lot of work is to set up a
second wiki, point it at the same database, disable editing, and strip
out the UI bits from the skin template.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Mediawiki viewer? [ In reply to ]
> Your best bet if you don't want to do a lot of work is to set up a
> second wiki, point it at the same database, disable editing, and strip
> out the UI bits from the skin template.
Hi Brion,
this sounds good. I just did it, but I still have the edit links in the
page. How can I disable editing. I did not found, how to configure it.
Many thanks
Matthias
Re: Mediawiki viewer? [ In reply to ]
On 09/16/2004 8:39 AM, Matthias Jaekle <jaekle@eventax.de> wrote:

>> Your best bet if you don't want to do a lot of work is to set up a
>> second wiki, point it at the same database, disable editing, and strip
>> out the UI bits from the skin template.
> Hi Brion,
> this sounds good. I just did it, but I still have the edit links in the
> page. How can I disable editing. I did not found, how to configure it.

Removing only the links won't disable editing, as users could just append
'&action=edit' to the URL. I removed the relevant bits from index.php to
prevent editing:

case "edit":
case "submit":
if( !$wgCommandLineMode && !$wgRequest->checkSessionCookie() ) {
User::SetupSession();
}
require_once( "includes/EditPage.php" );
$editor = new EditPage( $wgArticle );
$editor->$action();
break;

Paul