be included inline in the current page? I have a collection of pages that
I would like to have a link with the option to view all the pages compiled
into one page.

Question 3: How do I make an external link open in a separate window
instead of the current wiki window?

--
"The two greatest problems in America are ignorance and apathy. I don't
know what the solution is and I don't care"
Re: collection of dumb questions [ In reply to ]
Jon Kenoyer wrote:
> Question 1: I would like the have the same skin as the mediawiki and
> encyclopedia site. Especially with the tabs across the top. However in
> LocalSettings.php only cologneblue works for $wgDefaultSkin =
> 'cologneblue'; If I set it to something else the default skin appears.
> Is monobook the skin that mediawiki uses?

The normal default skin on MediaWiki 1.3 should be monobook, same as on
Wikipedia. Note that it does not work on PHP 5.0 due to
incompatibilities with the skin template library, and may also be
disabled if your PHP configuration has certain other weird restrictions
that break it.

Monobook is not present in MediaWiki 1.2 or below.

> Question 2: Is there anyway to reference the contents of another page
> to be included inline in the current page? I have a collection of pages
> that I would like to have a link with the option to view all the pages
> compiled into one page.

Normally the {{The page}} syntax grabs [[Template:The page]], but you
can override it like this to grab [[The page]]: {{:The page}}

The template system is available in MediaWiki 1.3 or higher.

> Question 3: How do I make an external link open in a separate window
> instead of the current wiki window?

Right-click and select "Open in New Window". In some browsers clicking
the middle button or control+click will also do it.

(I know, you're asking how to make a link do that automatically. You
can't, and that's a Good Thing. Your users would curse you for forcing
them to pop up new windows all the time without their permission if you
did. It's easy for the user to override it one way, but very hard for
the user to override it in the other direction.)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Re: collection of dumb questions [ In reply to ]
Brion Vibber wrote:
> Jon Kenoyer wrote:
> [clipped]
> > Question 3: How do I make an external link open in a separate window
> > instead of the current wiki window?
>
> Right-click and select "Open in New Window". In some browsers clicking
> the middle button or control+click will also do it.
>
> (I know, you're asking how to make a link do that automatically. You
> can't, and that's a Good Thing. Your users would curse you for forcing
> them to pop up new windows all the time without their permission if you
> did. It's easy for the user to override it one way, but very hard for
> the user to override it in the other direction.)

I'm annoyed with that, too. Maybe it should be an option in MediaWiki 1.3.4.

Also, Is there a good way to reply to a message in the digest?

-- Jamie
http://endeavour.zapto.org/astro73/
Thank you to JosephM for inviting me to GMail!