doesn't even load the stylesheet. It seems to be happening a lot more
recently. Is this because I haven't done the rewrite mod? (I don't
even know how to do that..i don't want to screw anything up).

Please help me, thanks.

--
Gaurav Chaturvedi
Web/Graphic Designer
JAVA Programmer
Re: Super Slow & CSS Doesn't Load [ In reply to ]
Gaurav Chaturvedi wrote:

> My wiki works fine..but at times it works VERY slow and sometimes
> doesn't even load the stylesheet. It seems to be happening a lot more
> recently. Is this because I haven't done the rewrite mod? (I don't
> even know how to do that..i don't want to screw anything up).

Can you detail "at times" a bit?

Once a day it re-caches the system messages, which can be a bit sluggish
and may leave a couple of things waiting on each other leading to
timeouts. I'm not sure it should be strictly necessary for it to do
that; if you'd like to try extending the time it keeps those try setting
this in LocalSettings.php:

$wgMsgCacheExpiry = 0;

See if that helps.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)