http://www.notreality.biz/notreality.php
Photoblogring.org ~
http://photoblogring.nfshost.com
Re: Links [ In reply to ]

> What I don't understand is what I need to do with the SkinPHPtal.php
> file,
> or language.php to get the link above to show. I tried just inserting
> the
> url in the slim file, but nothing changes in the nav bar. Please
> excuse my
> ignorance.

You need to go to these pages as the admin and click on the items you
want to modify, then change the text for them.

MediaWiki:All_system_messages
and
YourWiki:All_system_messages (which seems to have the monobook
settings as well)

Michelle
Links [ In reply to ]
Michelle wrote:
You need to go to these pages as the admin and click on the items you
want to modify, then change the text for them.

MediaWiki:All_system_messages
and
YourWiki:All_system_messages (which seems to have the monobook
settings as well)

Michelle, thanks, but there is nothing (literally) on those pages when I go
to them ~ i.e. all I see is this:
YourWiki:All system messages
From WikiED
(There is currently no text in this page)

I don't want to modify any existing link, I want to insert a new one in and
I am still stumped.

C. J. Stephen
notReality ~
Links [ In reply to ]
My apologies ~
re: I don't want to modify any existing link, I want to insert a new one in
and
I am still stumped.
I forgot that to see changes I needed to clear my browser cache! (Please
excuse me - shift work has befuddled my brain) My new link external to the
wiki now shows in the nav bar.
All one needs to do is (as Brion stated previously), is insert a link with
the full url into the appropriate position
within the xhtml_slim.pt and the link will show up.
Thanks for the answers (and patience) all!
Cheers,
Cameron
C. J. Stephen
notReality ~