Cordialement,
Sylvain.
France
Re: Customizing, import / export data [ In reply to ]
Sylvain Viart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to import / export data with mediawiki. I'm thinking to do
> that in php at database level.
>
> Where should I start ?
>
> It there any mediawiki extension programming information somewhere ?
> Or any related development which could help me ?
>
> Regards,

There is already an xml export function :
http://test.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Export

The import one is in need of some work ( ./includes/SpecialImport.php ).

You will be most welcome to install cvs mediawiki and works on the
import feature :o)

--
Ashar Voultoiz
Re: Re: Customizing, import / export data [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Ashar Voultoiz wrote:
> There is already an xml export function :
> http://test.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Export

Pretty poor in fact, the text is not processed with wiki formating and
subpages are not included. :-(

> The import one is in need of some work ( ./includes/SpecialImport.php ).
>
> You will be most welcome to install cvs mediawiki and works on the
> import feature :o)

I'm gonna try. :-)
--
Cordialement,
Sylvain.
Re: Customizing, import / export data [ In reply to ]
Sylvain Viart wrote:
> I would like to import / export data with mediawiki. I'm thinking to do
> that in php at database level.

Could you clarify what kind of data you want to import / export?

Remember that wikis are intended for human-readable and human-writable
text. It's not meant as a general-purpose database.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Customizing, import / export data [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Brion Vibber wrote:

>> I would like to import / export data with mediawiki. I'm thinking to
>> do that in php at database level.
> Could you clarify what kind of data you want to import / export?

Of course. :-)

I would like to import OpenOffice document with formatting into
MediaWiki. And exporting wiki article, with subpages if any and its
formating, into SXW document. :-)

I've already an OOo xml parser for importing document into TYPO3 CMS, I
would like to convert it, to work with MediaWiki.

But I would be happy to have a more general import / export data too. I
can probably complete the way to OOo in both import or export.
--
Cordialement,
Sylvain.
Re: Customizing, import / export data [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Sylvain Viart wrote:
> Brion Vibber wrote:
>> Could you clarify what kind of data you want to import / export?
>
> I would like to import OpenOffice document with formatting into
> MediaWiki. And exporting wiki article, with subpages if any and its
> formating, into SXW document. :-)

I've found the thread about the lex/yacc parser on the tech ML archive.
I'm going to switch to that list, via the newsgroups server.