Mailing List Archive

Install of MediaWiki 1.3.1
Hi everyone,

I am currently trying to install MediaWiki 1.3.1 but I encounter such an error
after clicking on the button "Install" :

Checking environment...

* PHP 4.3.4: ok
* PHP server API is apache; ok, using pretty URLs (index.php/Page_Title)
* Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
* PHP is configured with no memory_limit.
* No zlib support.
* Found ImageMagick: /usr/bin/convert; image thumbnailing will be enabled if
you enable uploads.
* Installation directory: /home/httpd/html/wiki
* Script URI path: /wiki
* Connected as root (automatic)
* Connected to database... 3.23.58
* Database wikidb exists
* There are already MediaWiki tables in this database. Checking if updates
are needed...

...ipblocks is up to date.
...already have interwiki table
...indexes seem up to 20031107 standards
...have linkscc table.
...linkscc is up to date, or does not exist. Good.
...have hitcounter table.
Converting links table to ID-ID...

Désolé! Suite à des problèmes techniques, il est impossible de se connecter à la
base de données pour le moment

The last line should be read (for non french users) : sorry, impossible to
connect to the database. But no reason is given.
Does anyone of you has a clue on what's going on ?

Thank's for any advice.

--
Van Der Biest François
WP:fr:Bouba
Re: Install of MediaWiki 1.3.1 [ In reply to ]
Van Der Biest François wrote:
[snip]
> Converting links table to ID-ID...
>
> Désolé! Suite à des problèmes techniques, il est impossible de se connecter à la
> base de données pour le moment
>
> The last line should be read (for non french users) : sorry, impossible to
> connect to the database. But no reason is given.
> Does anyone of you has a clue on what's going on ?

This seems to end up happening if the database user account given to the
install during upgrade doesn't have the necessary permissions to read or
alter the database.

Make sure you've given the already correct database username and
password; if necessary do some extra GRANTs.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)