Mailing List Archive

install 1.3.1 hangs
Hello,

While I had no problems on one server, I do have problems on another.
The install of 1.3.1 hangs and I am a bit puzzled why.

This is the install report:

Checking environment...
Warning: set_time_limit(): Cannot set time limit in safe mode in
/home/httpd/vhosts/xxxxxx.com/httpdocs/install-utils.inc on line
26
* PHP 4.3.3: ok
* Warning: PHP's register_globals option is enabled. MediaWiki
will work correctly, but this setting increases your exposure to
potential security vulnerabilities in PHP-based software running
on your server. You should disable it if you are able.
* Warning: PHP's safe mode is active! You will likely have
problems caused by this. You may need to make the 'images'
subdirectory writable or specify a TMP environment variable
pointing to a writable temporary directory owned by you, since
safe mode breaks the system temporary directory.
* PHP server API is apache2handler; ok, using pretty URLs
(index.php/Page_Title)
* Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
* PHP's memory_limit is 8M. If this is too low, installation may
fail! Attempting to raise limit to 20M... failed.
* Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
* Found GD graphics library built-in, image thumbnailing will be
enabled if you enable uploads.
* Installation directory: /home/httpd/vhosts/xxxxxxxx.com/httpdocs
* Script URI path:
Warning: $wgProxyKey is insecure

Has anyone any idea?

Thanks!

--
Kind regards,
Marko Faas
Re: install 1.3.1 hangs [ In reply to ]
Hi people,

I've read the FAQ and there it said that it is very hard to diagnose an
all-stop of the script, but can anybody tell what is scheduled to happen
in the instal script after "Warning: $wgProxyKey is insecure"? the
connection just dies after that. Konqueror reports that the connection
has been lost. Before I mail my provider, I would like to have some
clues, so I hope one of you gurus can give me a pointer.

Thanks!

--
Kind regards,
Marko