This should fix the problem with the recentchanges table that Tobin had
upgrading from 1.1.0.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: MediaWiki 1.2.2 release [ In reply to ]
I just want to take a second and say a big thank you to Brion for
doing such a great job with this release. You've handled these blips
really well.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou <evan@wikitravel.org>
Wikitravel - http://www.wikitravel.org/
Re: MediaWiki 1.2.2 release [ In reply to ]
Thanks Brion. I just noticed that the ipblocks table wasn't updated
either (don't know if you spotted that).

Tobin.

Re: MediaWiki 1.2.2 release [ In reply to ]
I just installed the 1.2.2 release, and everything went reasonably
well. I used the update.php script. However, I did notice one thing
that appears to be a bug. The $wgAllMessagesEn array includes values
for "sitesupport" and "sitesupportpage," and the instructions say
that if "sitesupportpage" is not set, the donations link "won't
appear." The problem is that it didn't appear even when I DID set
"sitesupportpage" to the URL of our donations page.

I was able to get it working by adding the following line to LocalSettings.php:

$wgSiteSupportPage =
"https://www.groundspring.org/donate/index.cfm?ID=2344-0|1118-0";

I figured this out by noticing that inside DefaultSettings.php, there
is a line that reads:

$wgSiteSupportPage = "";

This should do something more intelligent, such as setting
$wgSiteSupportPage to the value of "sitesupportpage," shouldn't it?

--Sheldon Rampton
Re: MediaWiki 1.2.2 release [ In reply to ]
It appears, as far as I can tell, that the open proxy blocker is not
included in the 1.2.2 release. Is that correct? Any word on when it
will be included?

--Sheldon Rampton
Re: Re: MediaWiki 1.2.2 release [ In reply to ]
On Mar 30, 2004, at 02:15, Sheldon Rampton wrote:
> This should do something more intelligent, such as setting
> $wgSiteSupportPage to the value of "sitesupportpage," shouldn't it?

AFAIK the message "sitesupportpage" is not used; I don't know why
there's a blank one listed. Set the link in $wgSiteSupportPage in
LocalSettings.php.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Re: MediaWiki 1.2.2 release [ In reply to ]
On Mar 30, 2004, at 06:43, Sheldon Rampton wrote:
> It appears, as far as I can tell, that the open proxy blocker is not
> included in the 1.2.2 release. Is that correct? Any word on when it
> will be included?

It'll be included in the 1.3.0 release, certainly. If I get a chance,
I'll try to merge it into the next 1.2.x also, but so far I've been
concentrating on compatibility & bug fixes.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: MediaWiki 1.2.2 release [ In reply to ]
On Mar 29, 2004, at 13:12, Tobin Richard wrote:
> Thanks Brion. I just noticed that the ipblocks table wasn't updated
> either (don't know if you spotted that).

The error would have halted the updates process (there should have been
an error message visible) so it didn't finish. Can you check that it
fixes everything up now?

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)