Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Re: Take Action for Truth during the 30th Anniversary of the 1994 Genocide against Tutsi Commemoration
Dear Derrick,
I salute you for keeping the memory of the atrocious genocide against the Tutsi alive: a genocide that went on while the world silently observed and trivialized; a true blotch on the history of humanity, among many others.

While some might say the Wikimedia movement is not a place to talk about genocide or sympathize with its victims, I beg to differ. We, Wikimedians should always be on the side of humanity. We should never be silent while atrocities are being committed before our eyes, and should not wait until it's too late and lament genocide in retrospect.

I call on Wikimedia Rwanda and our Rwandan colleagues to join the growing list of organizations and individuals calling for peace in Palestine, as Rwandans have either experienced -if they're old enough- or have heard about the horrors of thirty years ago.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Joint_Statement_on_Palestine
Indeed, together, we can combat misinformation, hate speech, and genocide denial!

#WikimediaAgainstMisinfo

#Rwanda30

#NeverAgain

#Kwibuka30