Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Re: Joint Statement on Palestine
On Thu, 11 Apr 2024 at 17:45, Shaba 50 <aliyuy921@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings Farah and fellow Wikimedians,
>
> I am writing to express my support for the Joint Statement on Palestine. I am deeply concerned about the humanitarian catastrophe in Palestine and believe that Wikimedia groups, affiliates, allies, and volunteers should unite in solidarity with humanity and demand an immediate and lasting ceasefire to halt the tragic loss of life and destruction of Palestinian cultural heritage.

Whats special about this conflict? The second Darfur genocide is
ongoing but you aren't making demands about that. The recent ethnic
cleansing in Nagorno-Karabakh was hardly a good thing and yet you
remain silent. While I'm not upset of the outcome of the recent
fighting around Myawaddy are you not concerned about the loss of life
and destruction of cultural heritage in the area?

> I also urge the WMF to take proactive measures to ensure the safety of volunteers,

The WMF is not an oil company. It does not have merceneries on call
and nor should it.

--
geni