Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Re: Joint Statement on Palestine
Greetings Farah and fellow Wikimedians,

I am writing to express my support for the Joint Statement on Palestine. I
am deeply concerned about the humanitarian catastrophe in Palestine and
believe that Wikimedia groups, affiliates, allies, and volunteers should
unite in solidarity with humanity and demand an immediate and lasting
ceasefire to halt the tragic loss of life and destruction of Palestinian
cultural heritage.

I urge the WMF to prioritize the impartial dissemination of information and
accurate, real-time documentation of the current human-caused humanitarian
disaster and erasure of cultural heritage. I also urge the WMF to take
proactive measures to ensure the safety of volunteers, communities,
partners, and knowledge and memory institutions from Palestine contributing
to the dissemination of knowledge.

Thank you for your leadership on this important issue.

In solidarity,
Aliyu Shaba.