Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Community Ireland Podcast Launch
Dear Community Members,

I am delighted to announce that last week Wikimedia Community Ireland
launched our new podcast in tandem with the Wiki Loves Folklore 2024
Campaign
<https://wikimedia.ie/2024/02/08/join-wiki-loves-folklore-2024-international-photography-contest/>
.

The podcast’s premiere sees guest Orlagh Costello from the Irish Pagan
School, take us on a fascinating exploration of the legendary figure,
Brigid. Through Brigid's multifaceted identity, the podcast initiates a
nuanced conversation about the intersection of feminism, folklore, and
Irish history, providing listeners with an insightful glimpse into the rich
traditions and diverse stories that Wikimedia Community Ireland aims to
champion.

Moving forward we hope to use the podcast as a platform to explore all
things Wiki and the free knowledge movement, showcase the exciting projects
we are working on, and continue to elevate the Irish language in the
digital space.

You can find out more about the inaugural episode, and listen to it here
<https://wikimedia.ie/2024/02/12/wikimedia-community-ireland-launches-podcast-spotlighting-irish-folklore-and-mission-for-free-knowledge/>
.

If you enjoy the episode please share it freely with friends or online! If
you have any ideas or any guests you would like to see WCI interview, don't
be afraid to reach out!

Keep an eye out for our next episode coming soon!

Kind regards,
--
Sophie Fitzpatrick
*Project and Communications Manager*