Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] North-West Russia Wiki-Historians User Group 2023 annual report
Good day, colleagues!

Our user group aimed to enreach content on North-West Russia have published a new activity report for 2023. Link is here:  https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/North-West_Russia_Wiki-Historians_User_Group/Annual_reports/2023  report is available in Russian and English.

In 2023 we faced the same challenges that in were present in 2022: overall pressure of Russian government on Wikimedia movement made some editors abandon their work in Wikimedia projects, or, at least, stop coming to our offline events. Also financial situation of most of our participants became worse, so as long as we can’t rely on some kind of outside financing we also can’t afford long expeditions by ourselves anymore. Anyway, I’m glad we’ve made this far and I hope that situation in Russia will eventually get better in 2024.

--
Nikolai Bulykin (User:???????)