Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Ghana User Group 2023 Annual Report
Hello Wikimedians!

Find here the link to the annual report 2023 of Wikimedia Ghana User Group
available on Meta:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Ghana_User_Group_/_Annual_Report_2023
.

Here is a short summary of what you will find in our report:

*In 2023, to increase participation in Wikimedia projects we recruited and
trained 358 unique new Ghanaian contributors nationally, and channelled 349
of these contributors into content creation where they joined existing
editors contributing to Wikipedia. This was done through 36 national online
and offline events.*

*Through community development work, we took steps to further immerse 439
new and existing editors in our movement.*

*We completed a special project outside our regular programs as a campaign
partner for the Wikidata For Education
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Wikidata_for_Education>. We
organized ten events with 108 participants, both in Accra and Kumasi.
About 200 articles were created and edited, 3.25 million views on the
articles and over 200 Wikimedia Commons uploads of the campaign.*

*In our policy and advocacy work to contribute to an enabling environment
for free and open online knowledge in Ghana, which is a necessity for our
mission, we continued preparing our educational materials towards Panorama
Freedom <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_panorama> advocacy work.*

Keep updated via our website (https://wmgh.org/) and our social media
channels (@wikimediagh on Twitter, @wikimediaghana on Instagram and
Wikimedia Ghana User Group on Facebook & LinkedIn).

You can also connect with us on our Meta discussion page (
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Ghana_User_Group).

Thank You.

--
*Regards*
*Justice Okai-Allotey*

Mobile: +233 (054) 039 4970 Skype: okai_allotey

|Avenger - Urithi Labs <https://www.facebook.com/urithimedia/>|
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/justice-okai-allotey-306b6354?trk=hp-identity-name>
| Facebook: Justice Okai-Allotey <https://www.facebook.com/wyzzlewany> |
Twitter: @Owula_Kpakpo <https://twitter.com/Owula_Kpakpo> |
|Website: *https://about.me/okai-allotey <https://about.me/okai-allotey>*|
|Schedule A Meeting:meet with Justice Okai-Allotey
<https://calendly.com/owulakpakpo/meet-with-justice-okai-allotey>|

*"Our lives begin to the end the day we become silent about things that
matter" - Unknown.*

[image: Mailtrack]
<https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality11&>
Sender