From: Käbi Laan <kaebi@wikimedia.ee>
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2023 8:31 PM
To: wikimania-l@lists.wikimedia.org; wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimania 2024 Scholarships Open: Apply Now!

Scholarship applications for Wikimania 2024 are open until December 18! Apply now for a full or partial scholarship to attend Wikimania in person in Poland!

This year’s theme will be “Collaboration of the Open”--a celebration of the ways we work together, in the open and for the larger open movement, to bring free knowledge to the world. We are working on finalizing the venue and dates before the end of the year, but can confirm that Wikimania will be held in Poland sometime between mid-July and mid-August.

To ensure that Wikimedians needing visas for Poland have enough time to apply, we are starting the scholarships process now. Scholarships will be available in two forms:

* Full scholarship: travel, accommodation, and registration are provided;
* Partial scholarship: accommodation and registration are provided.

<https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2024:Scholarships> Apply for a Wikimania 2024 scholarship now! Make sure to share your experiences during your Wikimedia movement journey and support with links. Newcomers are encouraged to apply–this year we are aiming for newer generations of Wikimedians and those who work on connecting the Wikimedia Movement to the wider open ecosystem of knowledge and culture.

The deadline to apply for a scholarship is December 18, end of the day anywhere in the world. Applicants will be notified of decisions in the first half of February.

<https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2024:Scholarships> Read more on Wikimania Wiki.

Have questions? You can reach the Scholarships Committee directly at wikimania-scholarships@wikimedia.org <mailto:wikimania-scholarships@wikimedia.org> .

Best,

The Wikimania 2024 Core Organizing Team